Speak With Our Attorneys –
Phone:  941-306-3230
Advocates For The Accused
Since 1993
McIntosh Law | Advocates for The Accused Since 1993

Speak With Our Attorneys –

Phone: 941-306-3230

Do I need a license to sell or make CBD products in Florida?

On Behalf of | Jul 10, 2019 | Administrative Law & Licensing

It depends. Florida’s state hemp program is now law and the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS) is currently drafting the rules that will be used to implement the program around the state. Based upon recent Hemp Rules Workshops held by the FDACS, the regulations regarding the sale and manufacturing of CBD products will differ. For instance, the Hemp Rules Workshop discussed permitting hemp extract in pet food, pet treats specialty pet food and specialty pet treats. Special rules for labels on these products will likely exist. As for Hemp Extract, or CBD, in food, these products will likely need to meet FDACS inspection requirements or provide some sort of evidence related to the source of the CBD and meet all food safety regulations. The FDACS draft rules contained a subsection on Hemp Food Establishments and therefore it can be assumed that selling food containing Hemp Extract (CBD) is likely going to be a reality in Florida and those wishing to participate should contact a lawyer to assist with the permitting, fees, and regulations associated with the new business. Contact McIntosh Law P.A. for answers to your CBD license questions.

FindLaw Network

Practice Areas